Thursday, May 6, 2010

Blog 9: Sexist adds






There are so many adds that belittle and humiliate women. Here are a few that really caught my eyes:
































This is a prime example of the difference between men and women in pop culture. Women in these photos are almost seen as a peace of meet, or shown in a degrading way, while men are portrayed as strong, muscular, and superior. I feel like these pictures cover every aspect of what women are portrayed as in the pop culture world as. The first image on the top left corner is a women in a bathing suit on her shoulders with her back in the air. This women like a straight up peace of meat. The second picture is talking about plastic surgery. The women is posing like she is so happy and she is holding a rock that says "i did it for me". The third image, in the middle to the left, shows a picture of almost like a barbie doll looking female. It's fake and airbrushed, but that's how women are seen as in the pop culture industry. The fourth image, in the middle to the right, shows a women in a bathing suit and it says "becoming a donor is probably the only chance you have to get inside her"; it shows this women as a sex symbol. The last picture on the bottom right to the left, shows a female posing in a wedding ring. I hate these adds because I feel like all it's trying to say is that women are only good for marriage. I feel like TV shows and movies are not openly sexist but they are sexist in the sense that they don't change the typical stereotypes of females and males. I don't really talk about this with my family, but I've definitely had a few conversations about this with my teammates.

Pop culture has not really changed the way I look at race because I feel like no matter what race you are, if your a celebrity your seen as beautiful, not for your race. I don't feel like race is a big part of pop culture for some reason. That's just my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment